Sunday 26 August 2012

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Title; Anna and the French Kiss

Author; Stephanie Perkins

Publisher; Speak

Publication Date; August 4th 2011

Series; This book is a stand alone, but there are two companion novels!

Description; Anna can't wait for her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a good job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's not too thrilled when her father unexpectedly ships her off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair, the perfect boy. The only problem? He's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her crush back home. Will a year of romantic near-misses end in the French kiss Anna awaits?

Star Rating; 5*s

Would I read anything else by this author? Yes, I can't wait to read the first companion novel "Lola and the Boy Next Door!"

Would I recommend this book? Yes

Who would I recommend this book to? Those who enjoy chick-lit and young adult contemporary romance.

Review; When I saw the name and cover of this book I was like; "Ugh, chick-lit to the max!" When I started reading this book I was still not sure about it, but when I finished this book several hours later I was like; "Wow, when can I get the next one?" Whilst this book is still chick-lit it is not boring, dull, or completely cliché! At least in my opinion it's not.
I did have a bit of a problem with the beginning. Anna seemed like one of those, "I have everything, but I hate everything and complain about everything" characters. Thank goodness she wasn't! She wasn't too whiny, but she did complain a bit too much in places, but she understood that in the end. Which eventually led me to like those flaws.
The people had flaws! Nobody was perfect which I loved! I fell in love with all the main characters, but I liked Etienne, Anna and Rashimi best!
Looking at this book you'd probably think "what a load of fluff" but I'm happy to tell you you'd be wrong! There's some fluff, that's to be expected, but it is also a great book that doesn't just focus on a relationship. This is a great book, I'd totally recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment