Thursday 23 August 2012

Crossed (Matched #2) by Ally Condie

Title; Crossed

Author; Ally Condie

Publisher; Razor Bill - Penguin

Publication Date; November 24th 2011

Series; Matched Trilogy Book Two

Description; THE SOCIETY CHOOSES EVERYTHING.

THE BOOKS YOU READ
THE MUSIC YOU LISTEN TO.
THE PERSON YOU LOVE.

Yet for Cassia the rules have changed. Ky has been taken and she will sacrifice everything to find him.

And when Cassia discovers Ky has escaped to the wild frontiers beyond the Society there is hope.

But on the edge of society nothing is as it seems . . .

A REBELLION IS RISING.

And a tangled web of lies and double-crosses could destroy everything.

Star Rating; 4.75*s out of 5

Would I read anything else by this author? Yes I would like to check out some of this author's other work!

Would I recommend it? Yes

Who would I recommend it to? Anybody who read the first book. Even if you didn't enjoy it, because this sequel is better than the first book.

Review; I'm having problems with the love triangle. I don't think there's really any need for it to be honest. Other than that I enjoyed this book a lot more than the first. There was more going on.
I think that's the main reason I liked this book more. Because there was more going on. Cassia's character changed slightly, as expected after the things she went through. But I'm still not really a fan of her character. Xavier seems suspicious to me. And Ky is still one of my favourite characters although I wish her put his foot down in some places.
I like the poetry theme. You don't see a lot of poetry these days, so that was nice.
Honestly I don't have much to say about this series. I thought I would enjoy it a lot more than I did. I think I'll be reading the last book more out of obligation and slight curiosity. I wish I loved this series as much as I thought I would, but unfortunately I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment