Saturday 25 August 2012

Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen

Title; Someone Like You

Author; Sarah Dessen

Publisher; Hodder Children's Books

Publication Date; May 1st 1998

Series; Stand Alone

Description; Halley has always followed in the wake of her best friend, Scarlett. But when Scarlett learns that her boyfriend has been killed in a motorcycle accident, and that she's carrying his baby, she's devastated. For the first time ever, Scarlett really needs Halley. Their friendship may bend under the weight, but it'll never break--because a true friendship is a promise you keep forever.

Star Rating; Four Stars

Would I read anything else by this author? Yes I would like to read more Sarah Dessen books in the future.

Would I recommend this book? Yes

Who would I recommend it to? Fans of chick-lit. Best friends.

Review; I enjoyed reading this book, but I am used to more happening. I'm not used to reading chick-lit, maybe that's why this book got four stars rather than five.
I would have liked the author to explore the mother daughter relationship more. Actually I would have liked the author to explore all the relationships more, we hardly ever saw or heard of Halley's father. So more background information would have been nice.
The motorcycle accident didn't seem realistic either.
I loved Halley's relationship with Scarlett. It was a great portrait for best friends. I have had two best friend in my life time and we have been as close as that if not closer.
Overall this book does teach some lessons. And it does portray a teenager in a realistic way with the parent problems and first love.
I'd probably recommend it more to teens more than adults, but I know there are some adults who have enjoyed this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment